Science test ix class motion chapter (mm=20)
Two Mark Questions
1. Define the term displacement. Is it a vector quantity or a scalar quantity?
2. What is circular motion? Is circular motion an acceleration motion? 3. Can displacement be zero? If yes, give One example of such situations.
4. A object goes from point X to Y and then come back from Y to X. What is
the displacement and average velocity?
THREE MARK QUESTION
5 A train accelerated from 10km/hr to 40km/hr in 2 minutes. How much
distance does it cover in this period? Assume that the tracks are straight?
6. A car is travelling with a speed of 36 km/h. The driver applied the brakes
and retards the car uniformly. The car is stopped in 5 sec. Find (i) The
acceleration of car and (ii) Distance before it stops after Appling breaks?
7. What does the odometer of an automobile measure?
8. Gave the formula for each
1 Average velocity
2 Average speed
3 Distance covered by a
True and False Statements
- The area of the velocity time graph gives displacement of the body
2.. Acceleration is a scalar quantity